Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July, 2009

Evanston, WY

I love this country and am proud to be an American! Upon arriving in town I took the kids to a local park to see the bison. Mandy was kind enough to play host to us and Steve and Sasha. We had a delicious dinner (hamburgers and bratwurst), then headed outdoors to light off fireworks (which Mandy provided)! Apparently Evanston currently makes the top ten list of places to visit on July 4th and now we know why! The sky was ablaze as soon as night fell and after watching the city show we hung out on Grandma & Granpa Kelly's lawn watching everyone in the neighborhood put on their own personal shows (I can't believe that with all the fireworks on display, I didn't get a decent shot of any of them!). The kids were mesmerized and enjoyed Mandy, Emma, Sasha, and Steve's company (as did Sarah and I). I appreciate my Dad for letting us stay with him and apologize for not getting a picture of him for the video below (sorry).

No comments: