Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Day

Presents, Presents, and More Presents

So, I'll begin by saying that the kids gave me the best gift of all on Christmas day by not waking us up to open presents until 8:30 AM. I nearly cried tears of joy. But then we got down to business and spent the next two hours opening gifts. The highlight of my morning was getting Guitar Hero: World Tour! Yep, the guitar, drums, and microphone. I'm all set to jam!

Audrey here was pretty stoked to get an inflatable rat! (from Grandma & Grandpa Round)

It took Kate a little while to warm up and get the gist of things, but once she figured out how fun it was to tear open wrapping paper there was no stopping her!

Kate all "blinged" out in Hello Kitty wear.

Mom and Dad Round, amused at my attempt of a gift - my current school photo.

Thanks to Jenny and Jason for having us all over. My girls had a lot of fun with their cousins. Thanks to everyone for all the gifts. My gift to Sarah was a new vacuum - which stayed at home. (We actually opened it early to clean our house before we left.) Rod shared with me a comic strip that he'd e-mailed to Sarah about how there's a special place in hell for men who give their wives vacuums for Christmas. In my defense, she was pretty happy with the gift.

Disclaimer - I don't know who was in charge of taking the photos, but there weren't many to choose from.

No comments: